“You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing” – Psalms 145:16.
The Psalmist asks, “what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them?” (Psalm 8:4). You could also ask the question of why does Gods care about the tiny sparrow, yet used it to illustrate our heavenly Father’s watchful care: “What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.” (Matthew 10:29-31). If God is concerned about the tiny sparrow, how much greater must His concern be for man who He created in His own image. When you consider your value, remember the following points:
- God loves you deeply: It’s good to take a moment and be reminded of just how deeply we are loved. God is love and His love for you has no end. Over and over we are told in scripture and shown in scripture that God loves us. Our doubts do not change God’s love for us. His love is steadfast and constant. When you are God’s child – no matter what you do good or bad – He still loves you.
- God values you highly: Take a good look at Ephesians 2:1-10 and see what it says about our value outside of God. Then see the value God placed on us even though we didn’t deserve it. We have value not because of what we have done, but because of God’s great love for us. Remember, your value isn’t found in who you are or what you do. Your value is only attainable through Jesus Christ.
- God provides for you fully: God has the very hairs of our head numbered. We just read of his great concern for just a sparrow that falls to the ground. Take that concern and multiply it one hundred fold and that is just the beginning of His concern for you today. God will provide. Go ahead and trust Him with the needs of your life God will provide the right thing, at just the right place, at just the right time.
- God planned you carefully: “Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.” (Ephesians 1:4-5) In short, God is the one who planned for you and me. He’s the Parent who is eternally committed to working for the fulfillment of His purpose in us, and giving all grace and power from day to day that His plan for us may be fulfilled.
- Which of those four statements do you think is most true in your life? Why?
- If you truly believed in those four statements, how would your life be different?