We are starting a new series on Sunday entitled “Who is this man?”
Who is Jesus? Jesus Christ is the Son of God, equal with God, and with authority from the Father. The Bible makes this clear.
“They all asked, “Are you then the Son of God?” He replied, “You say that I am.”” (Luke 22:70).
“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” (Matthew 28:18).
Let’s review who people in the Bible said Jesus is.
- To Herod, He was John the Baptist, whom he executed, who came back to life. (Matthew 14:1-2)
- To John the Baptist, He was the true light that gives light to into the world. (John 1:9)
- To Lazarus, whom He raised from the dead, He was the resurrection. (John 11:38-44)
- To Mary and Martha, a teacher and friend. (Luke 10 :38-42)
- To the religious leaders, a threat, a blasphemer. (John 10:30-33)
- To children, one who would welcome them. (Mark 10: 13-16)
- To the women caught in adultery, a forgiver. (John 8: 1-11)
- To Pilate, a prisoner (Matthew 27:11-26)
- To the lepers, paralyzed, and those with infirmities, a healer. (Mark 1:40-45) (Mark 2:1-4)
- To Anna and Simeon, the promised Messiah. (Luke 2:25-38)
- To Simon Peter, He would be the source of the words of eternal life. (John 6:68-70)
- And to all who receive Him, their Savior. (Romans 10:13)
Jesus’s question to you today would be the same “Who do you say that I am ?” The real issue, however, is whether or not each of us know Him personally and follow Him passionately. I don’t just want to know him by reputation or from books alone, but from a personal knowledge and experience.
I encourage you to attend Northstar the next few weeks as we look at who Jesus really is. It will help you answer a very important question: “Who do you say Jesus is?”